Monday 8 April 2013

The Nanny State

I never thought I would or could ever do a remotely flattering portrait of Margaret Thatcher. She sprawls across my earliest political memories like a carnivorous spider. It would be too easy to describe her as a monster , though she certainly fostered many monstrous things. She was as cold and without mercy as idealogs tend to be, but I think it's her arrogance that I found most offensive. It's ironic that she bemoaned the 'Nanny State' when she pretty much embodied that kind of suffocating 'it's for your own good' cruelty. At one time I thought that her death would make me very happy. Now I don't really care.

3 comments:

  1. You made her look well fit. Intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how some of her cabinet used to comment that they found her oddly seductive. She was apparently not averse to using her feminine wiles. I can totally see that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't...
    despite nice drawing.

    ReplyDelete