Tuesday 17 May 2011

Happy Berfday Fiffe!

It's Drawbridge contributator Michel Fiffe's berfday today, so I drew a picture of Sr. Fiffe's signature character Boston Zegas (currently appearing in his eponymous series on MTV Geek). Fiffe is one hell of a cartoonist, with flavors of the best of Gilbert Hernandez.  I suspect Boston is the author's stand-in in the Zegas tales, but whereas Boston is a hulking, ponderous character, Michel is an almost dainty man, all skipping about to and fro(snap!). I drew Boston melting because to create a Fiffe-inspired drawing without including something melting is like a Day without Doris.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I totally thought that Fiffe had done a drawing for himself.
    The tinted paper really makes it, I should have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing, Simon! Thanks a bunch for the kind words, George. And shit, you threw in a Beto reference? Too much, too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're like a good Beto, full of all brilliance and promise, who hasn't decided to make all of his stories about hard women with improbably inflated breasts and wasp waists.

    ReplyDelete