Tuesday 8 March 2011

Viviane Castro, record-holder for skimpiest Carnival costume eva

I woke up this morning to see that Tim "Early Bird" Hamilton had already nailed the general feeling of Carnival with his drawing, so I started surfing the net for some inspiration. I was going to go with a piece explaining Carnival's roots in pagan festivals like the Saturnalia and Bacchanalia and blah blah blah...

Then I came across a news article from 2008 that a Ms. Viviane Castro broke the record for skimpiest ever Carnival costume-- covering approximately 4 centimeters of her body. Inspiration!


I was originally going to just post a pencil drawing, but Carnival is all about the color, so I started fiddling, and may have gotten carried away. For the record, the above drawing of Ms. Castro is not of her in her winning outfit (which was literally just bodypaint of Obama and a tapasexo), but a more interesting-to-draw costume from a year or so previous. I have no idea whether her record still stands three years later, but oh, the wonder of it all.

Follow me on Twitter!

6 comments:

  1. No one will comment on this as they are all now googling "Ms. Viviane Castro."

    Well done sir.

    I am off to google...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, your shamelessness has garnered you an instant top spot on todays Stats.

    I was aware of Ms. Castro and her record, but had thought that maybe there were limits...apparently not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pshaw! Top spot until Mr Alger posts his latest adorable circle-headed moppet, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets hope he doesn't draw Ms. Viviane Castro or this month is a bust! (pun intended)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, it's like a quetzal!
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms Castro stated in interviews she gave that this costume was inspired by the ceremonial dress of the indigenous population. It does indeed look like a quetzal (needs more green though).

    ReplyDelete