Monday 10 January 2011

The Man Who Fell to Earth

Ah, my favorite Bowie - Thin White Duke era Bowie! The Bowie that brought you Station to Station, an album that involved so much cocaine use that when asked about production of the album, Bowie said "I know the album was produced in Los Angeles, because it says so right here." The Bowie of the infamous Victoria Station incident. And also the Bowie that starred in "The Man Who Fell to Earth" the influential, weird sci-fi movie starring Bowie, which I drew my inspiration from.

Check out this awesome interview of a totally coked out Bowie on Dick Cavett in 1974

5 comments:

  1. Funny! I was watching that video the other day because Cavett was interviewed on NPR and I watched a bunch of his interviews on you tube.

    This is the best though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8m9vDRe8fw

    Oh, nice sci-fi Bowie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This thing is packed with easter eggs...anyone notice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH god! NO.
    I see many AIV comics and George's book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know that he's immersing himself in quality online reading material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, nice, Zeus! There's something godlike about Bowie...

    ReplyDelete