Friday 28 January 2011

Kat Berfday Dubble Post!

Yeah, you read that right, double post!

Today is the birthday of my fellow Hypothetical Islander, Kathleen Roberts. My last birthday, Kat drew me a beautiful piece that will serve one day as the cover to a novel I've yet to write. I wanted to make sure I played proper respect to Kat's bday so I first drew this piece, an homage to her favorite film, Purple Rain, which she has inflicted upon us on the Island on several occasions.


I wasn't wild about the finished result-- it somehow didn't catch that je nais se Kattish feeling I was looking for. I took a break to take some garbage out and this idea jumped to my head.


Kat's not a superhero, and she's never raked me with her nails, but somehow I thought this was much more her. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Kat!

8 comments:

  1. Wow man, these are awesome!
    The top one is great. You should draw a whole comic like that!

    The "Kat" cover is Hil-ar-e-ous-ha-mmm.
    Cause that's how Kat really talks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! The corner image is perfect. But why did cut up and destroy your VG/F Cat comic? George, c'mon, man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim- Yes, I feel I did a particularly accurate job in capturing Kat's specific syntax.

    Fiffe- I didn't mind cutting this one up 'cause I have two m/mm copies. One's even been AFA graded as "bitchin'"

    ReplyDelete
  4. i look at these two images and a couple of things go through my mind. firstly, i love them! secondly, that love doesn't not make me feel any less compelled to come up with a well planned revenge. you'll pay, o'connor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa the top one captures her perfectly, you da man George

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like the biker portrait. The other one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA looooooooooooove you kat so cool

    ReplyDelete