Thursday 4 November 2010

ATARI - SciFi

I can remember sitting on the living room floor when I was a kid ( maybe 9 years old ) and my father reading aloud an article in the magazine he was reading. It was about this games machine that was coming that you could CHANGE the cartridges in! This was so revolutionary that I remember that moment to this day, it was like Science Fiction. The Carts were insanely expensive in the UK though. I think we only ever had about 4 of them ( Combat, Space Invaders, Adventure & Superman ) then 10 years ago I saw a whole box full of them at a FleaMarket, 50cents each....20 years too late.

8 comments:

  1. A true warm up sketch in pencil and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not too late for Atari! The retro gaming craze is HUEUEUGE! I have an Atari myself! Lemme at 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend just found one in someone's basement in the original box. These things seem to just sit around in people's basements for years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://tinyurl.com/26ngrdu
    I'm not even part of this but I had to draw something for Atari day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Steve, you're now on the DrawBridge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. A games machine that you could CHANGE the cartridges in?!?
    Impossible-someone's been watching too much Space:1999 or something...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This the least technological thing I've ever seen you draw.

    ReplyDelete